The Spectacular Renewal Of Nova Launcher 7 Now Available On Google Play, First In Beta
One of the most used Android launchers, if not the most, takes a great leap in design and operation with version number 7: Nova Launcher evolves by completely rewriting the application code. The new beta, which is expanding on Google Play, offers graphical details of Android 12 and endless customizations for the interface.
Changing the appearance of any Android is usually simple, even without installing anything. Manufacturers tend to include numerous options with which to vary the design, often with changes that completely alter the appearance of the phone. And then there is the possibility of accessing the launchers, applications capable of even turning an Android into an iPhone. What are you looking for a more “stock” look? Nova Launcher 7 beta brings you a tweak of Android 12.
Nova Launcher 7 is completely rewritten to be based on the Android AOSP interface
Nova Launcher developer Teslacoil completely rewrote the application code using Android AOSP Launcher 3 (the system’s default interface) as the basis. In January we already saw the first beta, although it was not officially available on Google Play. Now it can be downloaded from there.
IN ENGADGET ANDROIDThe best launchers for Android: in-depth comparison
The interface is close to Android 12 with rounded corner menus and animations close to those found in the latest Android beta. The options selector at the beginning is also renewed; as well as the Nova Launcher search bar or the widget drawer. The overall feeling is one of freshness and optimization, and that is still in development.
Specifically, some of the changes that come with the Nova Launcher 7 beta are:
- Renovated design and details of Android 12, such as menus and animations.
- Improved search bar with the inclusion of the weather icon, the Google Lens icon and the date. Additionally, the search integrates DuckDuckGo autocomplete .
- More gestures for icons, only for Nova Launcher Prime.
- Greater customization of widgets with revamped selector.
- Better support for curved screens.
- Option to disable bounce on Android 12 scrolling .
- Optimization of the operation and correction of errors.